DHost Wishes you a very HAPPY UGADI !
Get a Domain Name + Web Hosting Combo at never before price with special discount of 70%. Offer valid for all .in Domains. Place your order today and Save Rs 1000. Offer Lasts till 31 March 2012 !
Actual Prices in INR : 490/year.
Discounted Price: 90 INR (80% off).
Classic : 1000/year.
Discounted Price: 400 INR (60% off).
Total 400 + 90= 490/- only.
**Note:- Your Total Savings: 1490 – 490 = 1000 INR
* Note:- All the discounts are for first year only.
To avail the offer Use Promo Code: inSpecial
you can also talk to any of our representative on phone
Online identity for your blog/website is one of the most talkative topic on internet, and I certainly think it is worth to discuss its importance; so that new bloggers do not commit mistakes that have already done by existing ones.
Generally, whenever anyone starts Blogging, at first he looks for a blogging site where there is less or no investment, most of them start using Google’s BlogSpot.com or WordPress.com. Not only it is free but also away from managing hosting and the other hassles.
Quick quiz : -
- Q1. Does it make sense to invest your time to a blog that has a generic domain name?
- Q2. Is domain name maintaining is really a hassle and costly?
Custom domain name is a basic need if you’re serious about your online entity, it’s where you’ll direct all your potential customers. To achieve a high customer rating and traffic to your website. You’ve to make a good impression in the first go. Having your own domain name, rather than some free site address that’s long and cumbersome will allow you to get high inward traffic.
Let’s discuss the importance of Custom Domain Name with a small example:
Generally folks start blogging with the Google blogger, but after some time, as a matter of fact when their blog is quite developed with several posts and certain traffic. A blogger starts feeling to migrate its free domain name to customized domain and gets seriously upset due to :
- Domain Name not available: Many times people don’t get a domain name of their choice because someone else would already have registered it. Then you need to work on re-branding again from zero.
- Unsatisfactory Traffic:They are not seeing the traffic they want to see on their free hosting site.
- Lose traffic: People feel very difficult to move from BlogSpot to any other domain name because they are afraid of losing whatever traffic they have cultivated till date.
- Page Rank: With the new domain name your old Alexa rank and page rank will no longer be continue will start again from zero.
- Delay in Indexing: Search engines would not index your newly added custom domain name for some time.
- Splitting of traffic: If you have not closed your previous website/blog and started the new one your subscribers would split into two groups.
- Google analytics : Are you having accounts with Google analytics and webmaster tools then you need to update them too. Though, you can always use old analytic codes in the new domain name, but as a Webmaster, I would not prefer to see the stats of new domain under old name.
- Site maps: you need to submit sitemap to all search engines again.
- Updating the links: Need to update your website/blog address in all social networking sites and all profiles, where you have listed your Domain name.
Choosing a domain name early stage have many benefits:
- It’s Permanent: - You can keep Custom domain name forever, On the other hand services such as Google Blogger can deactivate your blog at any time without notice.
- More Traffic: -Search engines prefer custom web domains over subdomains like blogspot.com, blogspot.in or WordPress.com.
- Your Brand:- Your Domain name will maintain your brand to your public and customers.
- Google Adsense Account : -Your Custom domain can also increase your chances of getting an approval for your Adsense account.
- Name Recognition. It’s much easier to remember and locate a domain name such as dhost.com than dhost.blogspot.com.
- Custom Email. You can get your own custom email (eg: rohan@YourBlog.com). It looks very professional.You can have your email like email@example.com rather than gmail or yahoo. DHost provide free email Accounts.
- Selling Rights. Subdomain blogs, such as Blogspot, do not allow you to sell your blog. With your own custom domain name you have the right to sell your website if you choose to do so one day.
- It’s Cheap: DHost makes it very affordable and hassle free registeration and management of domain names.
- Promote your own brand. If your site is a subdomain (such as .blogspot.com) you’re promoting Google Blogger. Get your own domain name and you’ll be promoting your own unique brand. It gives you credibility and more people will trust you and what you have to offer. Maintain your brand name from day one.
How to choose a custom domain ?
Refer to my earlier post related to domain name tips:
Apple launched iPad 3 on 16th March , this new iPad has some unbeatable features like a retina display, a faster processor and a better 5MP camera. I like to share some screen shots grabbed from the video ad that Apple released soon after the iPad 3 announcement.
Image 1: This man shooting a video of his family on the beach.
Image 2 : A family celebrating a birthday party.
Image 3: A man painting something on his iPad.
The interesting thing in these images is, all the people that using iPad 3, are out in the daylight.
It is unanimous that previous iPad versions have a very reflective and barely visible screen, when you are using the iPad in the open light, But now from these adds we can expect that apple has worked hard with this shortcoming. Apple has geared up with the New iPad with improved features.
- Retina Display for crisp and lifelike display.
- 5MP iSight Camera with Improved Software .
- iLife and i Work for new Apps.
- Ultra fast 4G LTE for Full speed Internet browsing.
- A5x Chip for fast processing.
- Quad Core Graphics.
- 10 hours of battery life.
- A million more pixels than HDTV.
- Same smooth and fluid touch.
- Strong Wi-Fi.
- SIM Card Slot to keep your self connected while travelling.
- iOS mobile operating system.
- iCloud to keep you synchronized with your other Apple gadgets.
- Dictation for Talking and typing.
- Apple App Store with more than 200,000 apps.
- iPad Smart Cover( Magnetic)
- Air Play (play on iPad, Watch on HDTV)