To configure Outlook for Gmail Address and Google Apps users follow the instructions below.
1. First of all enable IMAP in your email account.
2. Enter your Name, Email Address (eg ‘email@example.com’) and Password.
3. Select the ‘Manually configure server settings or additional server types’ checkbox and click on Next.
4. Select Internet E-mail.
5. Internet Email settings: Fill your Name, Full Email address (‘firstname.lastname@example.org’)
6. In the Account Type dropdown menu, select IMAP. In the Incoming server name section, enter: imap.gmail.com and in the Outgoing server name (SMTP) section, enter: smtp.gmail.com.
7. In the user name field, give your Full Email address and fill the password in next tab.After creating these settings, clicking Next takes you to the end of the setup.
8. In the Tools menu, select Options then Mail Setup. Under ‘Email Accounts,’ click E-Mail Accounts.
9. Select an account, and click Change above the list of accounts. Click More Settings, then the Advanced tab.
* Incoming server must be 993, and must use SSL encryption.
* Outgoing server can use 587, TLS encryption.
10. Click the Outgoing Server tab. Make sure that My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ is selected. The radio button ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’ should also be selected.
11. Click OK > Next > Finish > Close > OK.